17.11.08

Ancient vs. modern times

The water supply at my housing area was cut-off this morning. I had washed my hair last night not wanting to do it in cold water today. Lucky enough, I woke up this morning in time for a shower before the water went off. If not, I might have went to work without taking a bath. I can't remember the last time I had a cold shower. Even when I go swimming, I will always dip in the almost hot jacuzzi tub before jumping into the pool. I wonder how people survived without water heaters during those times.

Another thing, last night I went to have my eyes checked. Thankfully both my eyes increased slightly. At my current power, I can be deemed as almost blind. I am reaching the maximum power available for contact lenses. If I had lived during those ancient times where spectacles haven't been invented, I would have been classified as a disabled. Seriously. But, hopefully my power stabilises as I grow older and no more computer games for me. Ok. Maybe occassional computer games would be fine. I guess I still have not learnt my lesson. Help!

No comments: