10.10.08

Uh why is receiving gifts not first

I remembered taking the Five Love Languages quiz a few months back and I got this.

My Primary Love Language is Receiving Gifts

My Detailed Results:
Receiving Gifts: 10
Quality Time: 9
Acts of Service: 8
Words of Affirmation: 2
Physical Touch: 1

But now I got this.

My Primary Love Language is Acts of Service

My Detailed Results:
Acts of Service: 9
Quality Time: 8
Receiving Gifts: 8
Words of Affirmation: 3
Physical Touch: 2

I'll try it again in a few months after I get married. Maybe lately I've been getting lots of gifts in preparation of the big day. So far, a king-sized bed for our room, a queen-sized bed for the guest room, a dining table and a honeymoon package to Korea. Although it's meant for us, I consider them gifts because I didn't have to pay a cent for it. All compliments from S.

Or could it be S has been showering me with service lately i.e. washing dishes, sending me to and from work, delivering bubble milk tea to my house.

But nevertheless, the top three are still the same. All are important to me.

S is the opposite of me. As you can see...


His Primary Love Language is Physical Touch

My Detailed Results:
Physical Touch: 9
Words of Affirmation: 8
Acts of Service: 7
Quality Time: 5
Receiving Gifts: 1

I have recently read the book and it finally showed me why I always say to S, "Why can't you love me more?" or sometimes "Why don't you love me?", and S goes "Huh, what do you mean?". Obviously we had and still have very different love languages. But we're getting there. Hopefully.


About this quiz

Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.

Take the Quiz!
Check out the Book

No comments: