30.10.08

Love checklist

In times of trials, I check myself with what the Bible has to say about love. Grey indicates I am not quite there yet. Blue indicates I'm still in the journey with the finish line ahead. And, black indicates...I think I do not have problems with them, or do I? Out of 14 (excluding no.15) I score 50%. The question is - Is there really such a thing as unconditional love in the human heart? I suppose if you score 100% (including no.15) you're there. I can only think of one person who scored perfectly - the author of the Word itself.

1. Love is patient

2. Love is kind

3. It does not envy

4. It does not boast

5. It is not proud

6. It is not rude

7. It is not self-seeking

8. It is not easily angered

9. It keeps no record of wrongs

10. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth

11. It always protects

12. Always trusts

13. Always hopes

14. Always perseveres

15. Love never fails

No comments: