20.10.08

Dim Sum on a Sunday afternoon

S has been promoting Duck King for quite some time that we decided to try it yesterday. It was packed and we had to settle for the open-air tables.
This is what we tried...

Let me give a quick review on each of the above (clock-wise from top left).

Lo Mai Kai - The rice was dry. I prefer it wet. Wasn't so tasty and the chicken and char siew was not so great according to S. The mushroom being mushroom is always nice as I'm a mushroom lover.

Siew Mai - I don't like my siew mai with big chunky prawns in them.

Golden Sand Bun - We asked the waitress for Red Bean Bun and she said this one. It tasted more like lotus/egg bun. When you bite into it, the juice gushes out. I didn't really like the filling but the bun was okay.

Chee Cheong Fun Char Siew - The filling was alot - unlike dim sum coffee shops who diced their char siew to tiny pieces. The chili oil was great - crispy - like the one in Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya 33.

Egg Tart - I have to say this was the best of all. It reminded me of the egg tarts I frequently savoured from Dragonboat Restaurant in Chinatown Melbourne. If I'd go back to this restaurant it would be for the egg tarts!

Roasted Duck and Pork - The skin was crispy and meat tender. Not too salty. Just nice.

We would probably come back here for the egg tarts or could we just take-them-away?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gal..tis duck king is at Jaya One?

J said...

hey..yeah!