24.8.09

A can of sprite

Before the last two weekends, a can of sprite is nothing but a carbonated drink which I don't fancy drinking. However this can now reminds me of an intellectually challenged kid who out of thirst grabbed one from a stall I was manning at the community services fair held at my church. My initial reaction was to try to grab the can back from him, telling him it costs a dollar and seventy cents. Only to realise a few seconds later that he was not like the other kids. He was trying to open the can and failed after several attempts. I reached out my hand this time not to grab the can but to open it for him, put a straw in and gave it to him. He sipped and walked away as he did so while my mom, who was manning the stall with me paid the drink for him. We don't know why genetic mutation happens but there's one thing I know for sure, he'll be in heaven and that's all that matters.

No comments: