3.11.08

Char Koay Teow

I used to frequent Little Penang Cafe and returned yesterday night to have some char koay teow...

To my surprise, the price has gone up 8.9%. It now costs RM9.80 for a plate of char koay teow. With my current salary rising at half that rate, will I have to settle for coffee shop char koay teow soon? Just kidding. Thanks to S and dad who sponsor all my meals (except the ones I have in the office).

But really, the price increase was not worth the quality decrease. The crab meat over the top was filled with shells and tasted crabby (like raw crab?). On the menu, it stated a wait of 20 minutes for the char koay teow. But it arrived in less than 1o minutes, faster than my dad's curry mee. Bravo to the timing but boo to the taste. It could've used a little more frying.

This is somewhere I would pay for char koay teow. Lim Mee Yoke Coffeeshop at 157, Jalan SS2/7, 47300 Petaling Jaya. And if my mom agrees, there's no wrong to it!

No comments: